Super Bomberman R (スーパーボンバーマン R Sūpā Bonbāman R?) is an action-maze game developed by Konami and HexaDrive for the Nintendo Switch console. The game was released worldwide on March 3, 2017 as part of the Bomberman series. It is also the first main entry in over a decade, as well as being the first to be developed following the dissolution of original series developer Hudson Soft in 2012. The game received mixed reviews by critics. Ports for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One were released in June 2018.
Goemon Bomber and Ebisumaru Bomber, characters inspired by Goemon and Ebisumaru from the Ganbare Goemon series, are some of several Konami mascot characters that have progressively been included as part of the game's many DLCs.
Konami and Hudson Soft mascots included in the DLCEdit
- Anubis Bomber and Jehuti Bomber from Zone of the Enders.
- Bill Bomber and Lance Bomber from Contra.
- Belmont Bomber and Dracula Bomber from Castlevania.
- Goemon Bomber and Ebisumaru Bomber from Ganbare Goemon.
- Princess Tomato Bomber from Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom.
- Pyramid Head Bomber and Bubble Head Bomber from Silent Hill.
- Reiko Bomber from Rumble Roses.
- Shiori Fūjisaki Bomber and Ayako Katagiri Bomber from Tokimeki Memorial.
- Vic Viper Bomber, Vic Viper ZERO Bomber and Option Bomber from Gradius.