The game is extremely similar to Ganbare Goemon 2 for the Super Famicom and to Goemon's Great Adventure in that there's mostly side-scrolling levels accompanied by some Impact bosses, and nearly all recycled music and sound effects from Goemon's Great Adventure.
Unlike previous Goemon games, which have used sprites or 3D models for the characters, the characters are now represented by pre-rendered CGI, giving them a quasi-3D look. Also, Yae is featured in her alternate outfit, which first appeared in Mononoke Sugoroku.
- Kabuki (from Ganbare Goemon 2)
- Kabuki Final (from Goemon's Great Adventure)
- Plasma Man (from Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Dōchū)
- Super Dancing (a.k.a. Spring Breeze Dancin' from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon)
- Taisamba 5
- Harakiri Seppukumaru (from Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Dōchū)
- Shogun McGuiness (from Ganbare Goemon 2)
- Senshuraku R
- Steel Five (bosses)
- Ecorori (final boss)
- Ganbare Goemon: Ōedo Daikaiten (script)